However, we know not everyone gets as excited about this daily task the way we do. Home-packing school lunches can get repetitive, tedious and discouraging. What kids like one day, they return the next or the snacks get eaten and the main sandwich is left untouched.
We have a SIMPLE SOLUTION. Let the Lunch Lady give you a break whenever you need one.
Each meal is individually catered for your child because we have learned that some kids like a familiar meal repeated every week while others like to try new thing or mix it up. Since our program is based on CHOICE, each child can enjoy a meal that is “JUST RIGHT” for them. Check out OUR FOOD Page to see a sample menu and learn more about our process.
SO YOU’D LIKE TO GIVE US A TRY BUT HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Are the lunches made in someone’s kitchen or the school staff room? – NO. All our meals are made in inspected nut free commercial facilities.
How are the meals delivered? – Lunch Lady staff deliver the meals to the school just before the bell. The hot items are kept separate in hot thermal bags until they are placed in the student’s lunch bag with any cold sides and snacks that have been ordered.
How does my child get the right lunch? – Each lunch bag is individually labelled with your child’s information and sorted by class. Once the hot items are added, the lunch bins are sent to each class for distribution. In this way, children are served quickly and efficiently. After all, there is only 20 minutes allotted for lunch at most schools
What if the lunch is lost or something happens? – Sometimes things do go wrong but our focus is always on the children we serve and how we can look after them. Our Lunch Lady staff is easy to find in her bright red apron and always has extras just in case. Once we look after the child, then we will sort out what happened and make it right.
What if my child wants to change their order? – No problem – Kids do see their friends enjoying something different and want to try it too. Make the changes yourself online or call your Lunch Lady kitchen for help.
If this is your first time using us, Go Online thelunchlady.ca /ORDER NOW to request a Lunch Lady Account and then set up accounts for your children. You can SCHEDULE MEALS after completing these steps.
- Select the menu you want, place your orders by entering the codes that match your choices for the days you want to order [you can “type and tab” your way thru the order grid or use the drop down]
- SAVE and pay online. No more worrying about paper menus getting misplaced or lost. Pay by Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit and some kitchens also offer Interac.
- If you are ordering from our regular full service program, we know that there is alot of info on the screen and it can look a little SCARY! We apologize in advance. We have a huge menu and all the choices are available every serving day.Finding a better way to present our menu online without further slowing down our network is an ongoing challenge and we are still working on it. Thanks in advance for your patience.
- When going to the payment screen you will have the opportunity to make a small contribution to Breakfast for Learning. This contribution is totally voluntary NO PRESSURE. You can opt to go directly to the payment screen. Any donation is most appreciated!
- The next morning watch your inbox for a transaction report sent off our service, outlining your account activity.
Submitting paper menus is still available at many school. Check your menu for ordering details.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ORDERING??
Call Maria at 1-800-603-6656 and she will be happy to walk you through the process any school day from 8AM to 3PM EST
READ ON for SOME FINE PRINT…
Sick Child – Call by phone before 8 am on delivery day to receive a full credit* – Credits only – No REFUNDS Trips – 48 hours notice please*- Credits only – No REFUNDS
NSF fees – Unfortunately, there are bank charges associated with an NSF cheque which we do pass on to you.
Uncollected Lunch – An uncollected lunch is not the same as a cancelled lunch and is NOT credited. Due to safety issues, Uncollected Lunches are not left at school.
Snow Day Policy – Each Lunch Lady kitchen has their own delivery policy around snow days. Check your menu.
Spare Lunches – Our delivery staff travel with spare meals just in case. It is very important that our Lunch lady Delivery person KNOWS if there are any delivery issues. Look for our Staff – wearing a RED APRON and a friendly smile!
Processing payments online – The Lunch Lady processes your payments at the time of order via a secure 3rd party provider. We do not store any of your personal financial information on our site. This is why you need to enter it each time you process a payment.